Tools for Self-Healing
1. It Didn't Start with You by Mark Wolynn: How Inherited Family Trauma Shapes Who We Are and How to End the Cycle
2. I Thought It Was Just Me (but it isn't): Making the Journey from "What Will People Think?" to "I Am Enough" by Brene Brown
3. The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma
by van der Kolk M.D., Bessel (Dense textbook style read)
4. Waking the Tiger: Healing Trauma by Peter Levine: A lighter read on how trauma impacts the body with steps toward healing.
5. The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown: Great for working through perfectionism (But it's also great for literally ANYONE)
6. Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself by Kristin Neff
7. Codependent No More by Melody Beattie: This book does have a spiritual base. As an alternative, check out Codependent for Dummies. .
8. The Lost Art of Listening by Michael P. Nichols: This book helps bring clarity to understanding how listening or not listening affects relationships. Each chapter ends with exercises to help you become a better communicator.
9. Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead by Brene Brown
10. Finding Your Own North Star: Claiming the Life You Were Meant to Live by Martha Beck
11. The Happiness Trap: How to Stop Struggling and Start Living by Russ Harris: This book further explains ideas of ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy & provides you with techniques to add to your toolbox. You can read the introduction and first chapter at happiness trap.com
12. The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself by Michael Singer: somewhat repetitive but can provide a sense of freedom from things beyond one’s control.
13. Practicing the Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
14. Atomic Habits: An Easy and Proven way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones by James Clear
15. 52 Lists Series by Moorea Seal: Weekly prompts for calm, happiness, togetherness & projects. There is also a planner available that helps you align your daily list to your values and goals.
16. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families by Stephen R. Covey and Sandra M. Covey
17. Parenting Teens with Love and Logic: Preparing Adolescents for Responsible Adulthood, Updated and Expanded Edition by Foster Cline and Jim Fay
18. The Five Love Languages Series: There are several different volumes, adults, children and teens which can be helpful in connecting to those closest to you.
15. The Whole Brainchild: For parents who want to learn how to parent their child with love and compassion.
19. Untangled: Guiding Teenage Girls Through the Seven Transitions into Adulthood by Lisa Damour
20. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens by Sean Covey
21. Get Out of Your Mind and Into Your Life for Teens: A Guide to Living an Extraordinary Life by Joseph Ciarrochi: Workbook based on the principles of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
22. The Invisible String by Patrice Karst: A children's book that addresses grief, loss, and divorce.
23. The Defining Decade: Why Your Twenties Matter--And How to Make the Most of Them Now by Meg Jay- updated version
24. Intuitive Eating by Evelyn Tribole: For people that want to improve their relationship with food and their body.
25. Drinking: A Love Story by Carolyn Knapp: A memoir that follows the author's relationship with alcohol, chronicling how it affected her relationships and how she reached sobriety.
Need additional assistance CLICK HERE!